|10,000 years ago
Australian Aborigines (soon)
- The source of nature is spirit.
- Nature is not a random accident. It has meaning,
significance, and purpose.
- Certain aspects of nature are invisible.
- Nature is a part of a greater whole, which is beyond time
- Nature's beauty has intrinsic value.
- That which preserves the beauty and harmony of nature is
good. That which destroys it is bad.
- All animals, plants, and landscapes are sacred.
- All creatures have an equal right to self-fulfillment.
- The inner world is a part of nature.
- We should celebrate the creation with song, dance, art,
poetry, and stories.
- Science is an indispensable tool for gaining knowledge about
nature. Scientism (the belief that science is the ONLY source of wisdom) is, however, a
dangerous and misguided philosophy.
from video by Terrie Gates
© 2004 Larry Gates